The Melbourne East Regional Economic Partnership has agreed on a set of regional priorities that reflect the capacity for leverage of existing assets, and provide a satellite view of infrastructure and investment needs that will be a catalyst for economic growth.
- Investment attraction communicate the Melbourne East value proposition as Australia’s premier lifestyle and business destination
- Accommodation extend the availability of suitable and affordable to meet growing demand (student, business population growth)
- Precinct activation promote targeted place-based investment attraction that leverages existing strengths of activity centres, knowledge, R&D precincts etc.
- Connectivity promote soft and hard infrastructure that supports and sustain jobs of the future, along with the liveability and amenity of the region
- Employability encourage work placements, internships, graduate placement (career readiness with the right skills for future jobs)
- Import replacement enable targeted high value import replacement (e.g. professional services currently imported into significant business precincts).
Investments in Melbourne East