One of Australia’s premier regions to invest and do business
Melbourne East is positioned to become a global business hub. We are:
- Home to Australia’s most highly qualified workforce
- Host to an existing network of over 102,000 businesses
- Accessible by major transport networks
- Connected to high-speed broadband internet
- A community with above average personal and household income
- Exceptionally liveable.
This makes Melbourne East a destination for local and global businesses and
investors to set up and flourish.
The future economic outlook is bright with a fast-growing economy,
world-class research capabilities, and a highly qualified workforce skilled in:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Retail/Professional services
By investing in Melbourne East, you’re investing in an economy that is thriving,
diverse and growing.
- 362,000 jobs
- $105.7 billion in total sales including $23.3 billion in exports
- $36.3 billion of expenditure on goods and services sourced within the region
Population growth is forecast to be more than 185,000 which will take the regional
population to more than 1.2 million by 2031 – a guaranteed increase in demand for
local goods and services. Visitors to the region number around four million per annum, generating $2.6 billion in revenue. They are attracted by the corporate opportunities as well as the popular tourist destinations in the Yarra Valley and the Dandenong Ranges. They are also attracted to more urban destinations like the shopping strips in Camberwell junction and along Glenferrie Road.